The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org) in Reston, VA seeks a Business Analyst. Reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, you will be responsible for technical management of AIAA’s core CRM platforms and system integrations between AIAA enterprise applications. Collaborating with AIAA staff, the Business Analyst will also serve as AIAA’s technical expert/resource regarding interoperability among core CRM platforms and all other AIAA enterprise applications; and will be responsible for technical management of integration platform systems (IPaaS) and business process automation solutions to meet business needs.
AIAA has a Flexible Workplace, where staff work primarily remote, but are required to attend meetings in the office and collaborate in person as needed. Candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Manage CRM user accounts/security permissions, evaluate need for and coordinate implementation of service packs, hot fixes, and upgrades
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues involving core CRM platforms, e.g., Single Sign On with all AIAA enterprise applications, e-commerce transactions, AIAA.org member/customer access, member/customer participation in AIAA online communities, etc.
- Collaborate with staff to define and document detailed system requirements for new business needs and/or analyze existing business processes to identify opportunities for improvement. Ensure requirements are agreed to by all parties.
- Manage external vendors to develop solutions, meet business needs, and obtain stakeholder buy-in. Validate vendor statement of work details and level of effort estimates for hours and costs; review and approve invoices to confirm accurate billing and budgets are maintained.
- Manage vendor development efforts, communicate status with stakeholders, develop and implement test plans (involving stakeholders as necessary), manage deployment to test and live environments.
- Create documentation (Standard Operating Procedures) for all development projects and major operational processes.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to AIAA enterprise application managers to ensure seamless interoperability between core CRM platforms and applications such as Content Management Systems (CMS), Learning Management Systems (LMS), online community platforms, abstract and awards management platforms, event registration systems, and online publishing platforms.
- Support all staff requests for data analysis through internal query and reporting tools or contracting with outside technical resources as needed.
- Create training materials for staff on a variety of technical topics to support onboarding and ongoing staff skill improvement.
- Provide technical support to staff as needed
- Assist Web team with software testing as needed or other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to present complicated technical concepts to non-technical personnel, effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Able to participate effectively and motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with netFORUM Enterprise, HigherLogic Community, CrowdWisdom, and OpenWater a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience with complex technical systems
- A minimum of four to six years of progressive experience with requirements analysis and solution development, technical system administration, reporting and metrics development, and project management, preferably with a membership organization
AIAA’s purpose is to ignite and celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance to our way of life. AIAA is the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession. We are comprised of individual and corporate members from around the world. AIAA carries forth a proud tradition of more than 80 years of aerospace leadership.
Working at AIAA
AIAA offers a strong compensation package for this position, which includes base salary and a discretionary bonus. Our benefits are highly competitive and include medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent coverage; 403(b) plan with an employer contribution and match; generous paid leave and holiday schedule.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.