The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org) in Reston, VA seeks a Manager, Corporate Engagement who will be responsible for the quality, engagement and satisfaction of AIAA’s relationships with corporate members and corporate partners. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Engagement, you will be successful in this role by ensuring that our services and solutions are delivered in alignment with our clients’ business objectives and key corporate strategies. These relationships result in significant recurring dues revenue for the institute.
The Manager, Corporate Engagement, is tasked with growing the relationship between AIAA and its corporate members, corporate partners, and customers. Its purpose is to: grow engagement and deepen relationships with employees of existing corporate members; maintain and within guidelines grow the recurring annual dues of corporate customers; and to identify areas of customer needs and match them with areas within AIAA that provide value to the members. This requires a thorough understanding of the Institute’s broad range of products, services, events, strategic investments, staff and procedures.
The Manager, Corporate Engagement manages projects, accounts, work plans, and/or issues relevant to our corporate clients and your assigned portfolio using a highly interactive approach toward the management and growth of those accounts. Will work internally across the staff on behalf of our customers, partners, and stakeholders to ensure that AIAA is both developing the requisite new products and programs that enhance the corporate member value proposition or cognizant of existing programs for which they can use to be successful in their respective businesses.
- Create actionable and implementable value through the creation of business plans (roadmaps) for each existing corporate member in your assigned portfolio.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Corporate Members through their designated contacts or team contacts and related employees.
- Monitor progress while taking steps to ensure achievement of assigned annual dues revenue goals
- Ability to articulate membership value proposition to incoming membership leads and strategic target leads to gain new corporate members into your account base
- Demonstrate attention to detail and thoughtfulness in following internal systems and operations in addition to fulfillment of deliverables to customer.
- Contribute to ongoing need to develop, refine and manage the requisite tools, information processes, and procedures required to support a centralized electronic customer database that:
- Supports a pipeline of prospects for AIAA corporate opportunities
- Details company information to focus efforts on engagement and participation in AIAA activities
- Travel either independently or as part of a team to social gatherings, AIAA conferences and events, engagement visits to corporate members offices. Focused preparation for in-person visits is required, as is the ability to adapt and shine in unanticipated situations with venues, customers employees, executives and stakeholders, etc.
- Work closely with Corporate Engagement Team, Community and Partnership Engagement Team, Forum Project Managers, Marketing, Communications, Exhibit and Sponsorship Operation
- Represent Corporate Engagement Team during internal meetings, strategy sessions and to provide status of our direction and progress.
- Primary interaction via email and phone from the AIAA office and/or remote work locations. Attendance and engagement is required for in person interaction at AIAA and industry events, dinners, conferences, office visits, etc.
- Travel required approximately 10-15% travel, predominantly domestic and mostly weekdays.
- Local travel as needed.
- Occasional client support and entertainment outside of normal working hours.
- Requires a minimum of five years relevant professional experience in senior account management and/or corporate relationship management, along with demonstrated ability to exceed revenue goals
- Excellent demonstrated ability to build strong, long-term relationships and delight customers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior executive and C-level customers
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Teams, Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizing, and planning abilities
- Strong attention to detail is vital to personal and team success
- Comfort with engagement on video calls/platforms such as Zoom, etc
- Experience with CRM required, Netforum and Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend, and implement new programs and services tailored to market demographic or business segment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong ability to build leads and transition them into relationship
- Demonstrated ability to achieve long and short-term objectives
- Negotiation expertise
- Strong motivational skills
- Experience developing and contributing to ROI analysis and data reporting
- Aerospace and/or Defense industry knowledge and experience preferred
- Association knowledge experience preferred
- Ability and motivation to expand and evolve industry knowledge of targeted market demographics, their customers, their desired expansion/growth plans, and business needs
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, including email, voice and in- person
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Marketing required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
AIAA’s purpose is to ignite and celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance to our way of life. AIAA is the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession. We are comprised of individual and corporate members from around the world. AIAA carries forth a proud tradition of more than 80 years of aerospace leadership.
Working at AIAA
AIAA offers a strong compensation package for this position, which includes base salary and a discretionary bonus. Our benefits are highly competitive and include medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent coverage; 403(b) plan with an employer contribution and match; generous paid vacation, sick and holiday pay. AIAA has a Flexible Workplace, where staff work primarily remote, but are required to attend meetings in the office and collaborate in person as needed. Candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metro area.
AIAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.