The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org) in Reston, VA seeks a Market Research Analyst to assess AIAA’s: 1) member and product preferences to inform product development; 2) current products and services in the marketplace; and 3) current and planned product and services competitive position. Reporting to the Managing Director, New Product Development, this position will be responsible for:
- Devise, implement, and evaluate methods for collecting data such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires, and polls
- Collect and interpret data in statistical tables and reports
- Track and report industry and competitive trends to predict success or failure of products and services in the marketplace
- Conduct specific research on specific markets, market conditions, and market sizing
- Monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends, assisting with the development of sales projections
- Analyze pricing conditions and trends
- Use statistical tools to analyze and interpret data
- Conduct competitive research and analyze benchmarking data; simplifying complex data in a user-friendly format
- Present research findings to colleagues, staff leadership, and occasionally volunteer groups/leadership through written and visual means (charts, graphs, etc.) to make informed decisions on new product development, modifications, and retirement
- Contribute findings to Marketing staff to inform marketing campaigns
- Assist in measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies
- Refer new client acquisition opportunities to sales team identified through targeted and untargeted market research
- Excellent analytical skills with strong theoretical and research proficiencies
- Strong proficiency in math, statistics, data science, web analytics, and research tools
- Excellent verbal communication, professional writing and presentation skills
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with proven ability to work collaboratively
- Energetic self-starter who can quickly adapt and thrive in a multitasking environment and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Experience with Association Management Systems (AMS) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems including the ability to build queries; Abila’s NetForum Enterprise System preferred
- At least five years of progressive experience in market research and analysis
- Experience working with an Association or other member-based organization preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in market research or marketing with a concentration in market research; alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in statistics, math or business administration with 5 years of professional market research experience
- Professional Research Certification a plus
AIAA’s purpose is to ignite and celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance to our way of life. AIAA is the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession. We are comprised of individual and corporate members from around the world. AIAA carries forth a proud tradition of more than 80 years of aerospace leadership.
Working at AIAA
AIAA offers a strong compensation package for this position, which includes base salary and a discretionary bonus. Our benefits are highly competitive and include medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent coverage; 403(b) plan with an employer contribution and match; generous paid leave and holiday schedule; flexible work arrangements; and a convenient Reston location.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.